Support caregivers, patients, Kettering College students, and special projects by making a gift toward the programming, equipment, and processes that allow us to deliver compassionate care every day.
At Kettering Medical Center Foundation, we’re all about giving back. Whether it’s because of the nurse who held your hand during chemotherapy or the doctor who saved your life, we connect your gratitude and gifts with patients, caregivers, and students who need it.
Who We Are
Kettering Medical Center Foundation is the supporting arm of Kettering Health Main Campus and its system, including
- Kettering Health Behavioral Medical Center
- Kettering College
- Kettering Health Miamisburg
- Kettering Health Middletown
- Kettering Health Troy
Our priority is our community, and our mission is to bring together compassionate care with innovative technology to improve our communities. In the spirit of our namesake, Charles F. Kettering, we uphold the Kettering legacy, which is far more than a reverence for the past. It is an exciting and challenging vision for the future.
The key areas we support include the following:
- Brain and spine
- Heart and vascular
Attend an event
We host a variety of fundraising events throughout the year to support our mission. Please join us for these events:
- Foundation Golf Classic: Held annually for 30 years, the Golf Classic features an afternoon of golfing and mingling. Proceeds benefit the Greatest Need Fund.
- Heart to Heart: The Heart to Heart Gala features a black-tie dinner and show from a nationally known performer to raise funds and awareness for Kettering Health Main Campus’ Heart and Vascular program.
- KC Giving Day: Funds donated on KC Giving Day benefit student scholarships and overall college improvement.
- Ribbon of Hope Luncheon: Members of the Dayton community gather for fellowship and to hear a keynote speaker to support the Women’s Wellness Fund. Please plan to join us in October 2022 with keynote speaker Joan Lunden.
The Women’s Wellness Fund still needs you! Join us for the Third Annual Pinktober Telethon on October 2022. Tune into FOX45/ABC22 all day to see how your donations are making a difference. All donations go directly to patients in need. Learn more here.
If you have any questions, concerns, or would like to donate, please call (937) 395-8607.
- Walk for Women’s Wellness: Proceeds support the Women’s Wellness Fund, which provides services including breast imaging and other women’s cancer care needs to uninsured or underserved women at no cost to them.
- You can also take part in our new campaign: Give Hope. You can fundraise the way that you want to, hold an event or do an online campaign to support the Women’s Wellness Fund.
If interested, please read, complete, and return to us the Community Fundraising Participation Agreement [PDF] or contact Matt L. Wahrhaftig at (937) 384-4839.
Director of Philanthropy
Matt L. Wahrhaftig
Director of Annual Funds
Data Services Manager
Individual Giving Officer – Kettering College
Board of directors
Attorney | Taft, Stettinius & Jollister, LLP
President | McGohan Brabender
Jay P Murnen
Chief Financial Officer | Kingsgate Logistics
President | Kettering Medical Center Foundation
Nate Brandstater, PhD
President | Kettering College
President | Century Propane, Inc.
Richard Gump Jr.
Fifth Third Bank (retired)
CEO | Kettering Health
William (Bear) Monita
Partner | LWC, Inc.
Dr. Indu Rao
Chief of Staff | Kettering Health Main Campus
President | Kettering Health
Andrea Scher Rabiner
Ways to Give
If you experienced exceptional compassionate care, you may want to thank the caregivers who helped you. Most importantly, you want others to get the same great care.
We connect your interests with opportunities to support your community, including wigs and prostheses for cancer patients or programs to prepare the next generation of caregivers through Kettering College. Our goal is to ensure we provide people of all talents, abilities, and backgrounds with an opportunity to give back.
Make a Gift
Make a gift of cash, check, stocks, or by credit card on our online form. Checks can be made payable to Kettering Medical Center Foundation.
Mail your gift to:
Kettering Medical Center Foundation
3535 Southern Blvd.
Kettering, OH 45429
Other ways to make a gift include the following:
- Employees helping employees: The Employee Assistance Relief Fund allows our people to help each other in the face of short-term financial hardships. Give to the Employee Assistance Fund.
- Matching gifts: Double or even triple your gift by checking with your company to see if they have a program to match your donation.
- Planned gifts: We accept a variety of planned gifts. If you’re interested in learning more, contact Erin Culp at gro.htlaehgnirettek@pluC.nirE or (937) 395-8607.
- Stocks and mutual fund shares: To give gifts of stock, please contact Erin Culp at gro.htlaehgnirettek@pluC.nirE or (937) 395-8607 for additional instructions.
Share your story
The gift of your story recognizes the caregivers who made all the difference and gives hope to future patients who may go through a similar journey. Contact us to share your experience.
If you’re looking to dedicate your time or talent, join our team of volunteers who transform the patient experience into a guest-centered experience. Our volunteers are the comforting smile and the helping hands of our network. Sign up to volunteer at Kettering Health.
If you have a group of family or friends interested in giving back, consider hosting an independent community fundraising event. That exercise class you love or school event you always attend may be willing to partner with you for a greater mission.
Phone: (937) 395-8607
Fax: (937) 395-8327
We are located at the Stonebridge House at 1079 W. Stroop Rd.
Address mail to:
Kettering Medical Center Foundation
3535 Southern Blvd.
Kettering, OH 45429
You can also contact us online.
The Board of Directors pool funds with Kettering Health. Charitable gift annuities are managed by Fifth Third Bank (western Ohio). Investment guidelines feature diversification, prudence, and social responsibility.
Kettering Medical Center Foundation is governed by a board of directors following a Code of Regulations (by-laws).
Kettering Medical Center Foundation follows fund development ethics as expressed by the Association of Fundraising Professionals and other professional organizations and complies fully with HIPAA regulations. An independent audit is conducted annually by Ernst & Young.
Relationship to Kettering Medical Center
While separately incorporated, Kettering Medical Center Foundation is an affiliated organization of Kettering Health Main Campus (formerly Kettering Medical Center) and Kettering Health.
Kettering Medical Center Foundation has IRS status as a 501(c)(3) organization as a tax-exempt, not-for-profit organization. Gifts to Kettering Medical Center are tax-deductible to the full extent provided by law. Kettering Medical Center Foundation does not make grants outside Kettering Health. Kettering Medical Center Foundation is also a Type I 509(1)(3) organization to facilitate grants from private foundations.
Use of gifts
All gifts to Kettering Medical Center Foundation are used in their entirety as designated by donors. No amount is deducted for overhead. Unrestricted gifts are designated by the Kettering Medical Center Foundation Board of Directors for specific Kettering Medical Center priorities.