Due to a rise in seasonal respiratory illness, Kettering Health is limiting visitors.
Effective December 20, 2023, these restrictions include:
- No visitations from anyone who is ill with any respiratory symptoms, i.e., coughing, fever
- No visitation from anyone under the age of 14
Behavioral health patients and those coming in for outpatient testing, outpatient therapy, classes, or office visits are encouraged to check the visitor policy with individual providers or facilities before visiting.
What to expect as a visitor of a suspected or diagnosed COVID-19 patient:
- You must follow all visitor instructions.
- You must pass the facility’s entry screening process.
- Check-in at the nurses’ station on the unit and notify staff of arrival before entering the patient room.
- Before entering the patient room, you will be required to put on personal protective equipment (PPE) provided by the nursing team, which includes a gown, gloves, and isolation mask. A face shield or goggles should also be worn.
- When entering an isolation room or area, a member of the hospital care team will help you with PPE.
- You are allowed to bring food to the patient, but food items will not be able to be stored in the unit patient refrigerators.
- When exiting an isolation room or area, a member of the hospital care team will help you safely remove your PPE.
- At the end of the visit, you will leave the hospital directly.