- Fort Hamilton Hospital Foundation
- Grandview Foundation
- Greene Medical Foundation
- Kettering Health Foundation
Share the Care
Choose an option below to share this page
Through your support, we improve patient care, grow our medical center’s capacity, and provide state-of-the-art medical technology to serve patients in Hamilton and the surrounding communities.
Support your community; donate today.
We honor our community’s legacy of generosity and connect it to Hamilton’s thriving future. Donor funds deepen and expand Kettering Health Hamilton’s care to the community as neighbors invest in each other’s well-being.
Honoring Our Mission
Kettering Health Hamilton stands as a testament to the deep-rooted tradition of generosity in the community. In the mid-1920s, citizens of Hamilton came together to establish a fund that would lead to the first community hospital on the West side. Within two weeks, more than a half-million dollars were committed, leading to the hospital’s opening in 1929.
The Fort Hamilton Hospital Foundation was founded in 1987 to carry this legacy, advocating and meeting the community’s health needs. With the community’s support, the foundation has invested more than 20 million dollars into the hospital. And we invite you to be a part of this legacy of community change.
Your dollars at work
Your donations help us make considerable contributions to Kettering Health Hamilton and the lives of its patients. Donated dollars have expanded services and provided new technology when needed.
Donations and the projects that followed include the following:
- More than $5,500,000 to open the Donna Y. Carruthers Cardiovascular Suite in 2007
- More than $5,000,000 to the Ralph Rogan Carruthers Intensive Care Unit
- More than 2 million dollars raised for the 90th anniversary legacy project. This contribution included a new special care nursery and the Kettering Health Hamilton Cancer Center.
- $1,000,000 to expand the emergency department in 2014
- $750,000 for remodeling The Family Birthplace
- $500,000 for new equipment, including surgical equipment for vascular surgeons, updates to cardiac cath labs, and new cribs for the maternity center.
- $400,000 for 3D tomosynthesis breast-imaging equipment
Ways to give
- Memorial or Honorary Gifts: You can donate in memory of or in recognition of a family member, friend, or medical caregiver.
- Outright Gifts: You can make a cash contribution through a personal check made payable to the Fort Hamilton Hospital Foundation or via credit card.
- Planned Gifts: These benefit the hospital as part of your estate plan. Common types of planned gifts include wills or living trusts, charitable remainder trusts, real estate, and life insurance.
If you or a family member have named the Fort Hamilton Hospital Foundation in your will or other gift plans, please let us know so we can thank you properly.
Donate to a specific fund
The most flexible gift is an unrestricted gift. This provides for the greatest needs of the hospital. However, you can also choose from one of the following funds:
- Carruthers Emergency Room
- Cancer care at Kettering Health Hamilton
- Cardiovascular services
- Facility improvement
- Pastoral care services
- Psychiatric care services
- Scholarship programs
- Social services programs
- Surgical services
- The Family Birthplace
- Women’s health services