At Kettering Health Foundation, we’re all about giving back. Whether it’s because of the nurse who held your hand during chemotherapy or the doctor who saved your life, we connect your gratitude and gifts with patients, caregivers, and students who need it.
Our priority is our community, and our mission is to bring together compassionate care with innovative technology to improve our communities. In the spirit of our namesake, Charles F. Kettering, we uphold the Kettering Family legacy, which is far more than a reverence for the past. It is an exciting and challenging vision for the future.
Who We Serve
Kettering Health Foundation provides direct support for our patients and their families. We additionally support technological advancements that allow Kettering Health to continue to provide our community with the best diagnostic and treatment options available.
In 2021, we raised more than $2.6 million distributing over $1.3 million to support 1,500+ patients, students, and employees in need of assistance.
We are the the supporting arm of Kettering Health Main Campus and its system, including
- Kettering Health Behavioral Medical Center
- Kettering College
- Kettering Health Miamisburg
- Kettering Health Middletown
- Kettering Health Troy
- Kettering Health Piqua
- Kettering Health Franklin
- Kettering Health Years Ahead Health Centers
The key areas we support include the following:
Projects that have recently been funded by Kettering Health Foundation include:
- Courageous Beauty through Kettering Health Cancer Center
- PET scan upgrades for Kettering Health Main Campus
- Building renovation at Kettering Health Cancer Center
- Wheelchairs for Kettering Health Miamisburg
- COVID-19 support, including respite rooms for staff
- Lucas devices for emergency departments
- Bus tickets for patients in need
- Kettering College Scholarships
How to Get Involved
We are honored by the support we receive from the community that allows us to pursue our mission. There are lots of ways to get involved, including giving, attending an event, sharing your story, or volunteering.
Make a gift
Thank you for your interest in making a gift to Kettering Health Foundation! We are honored that you are considering making a gift now, planning a gift for the future, or both.
Attend an event
Events are a cornerstone of Kettering Health Foundation and are a great way for you to get involved with the foundation and support our work.
Please join us for these events:
- Foundation Golf Classic: Held annually for over 30 years, the Golf Classic features an afternoon of golfing and mingling. Proceeds benefit the Greatest Need Fund. Join us Monday, June 10, 2023 at NCR Country Club.
- Heart to Heart Gala: The Heart to Heart Gala features a black-tie dinner and entertainment from a nationally known performer to raise funds and awareness for Kettering Health Main Campus’ Heart and Vascular program. Save the date for Tuesday, February 28, 2023.
- KC Giving Day: Funds donated on Kettering College Giving Day benefit student scholarships and overall college improvement. Giving Day is planned for Wednesday, April 12, 2023.
- Ribbon of Hope Luncheon: Members of the Dayton community gather for fellowship and to hear a keynote speaker to support the Women’s Wellness Fund. Plan to join us Friday, October 14, 2022 with keynote speaker Joan Lunden.
- Pinktober: The Women’s Wellness Fund still needs you! Join us for the Third Annual Pinktober Telethon on Wednesday, October 5, 2022. Tune into FOX45/ABC22 all day to see how your donations are making a difference. All donations go directly to patients in need. If you have any questions, concerns, or would like to donate, please call (937) 395-8607.
- Third Party Fundraisers: Third party fundraising is a great way for you to host your own fundraising event and donate the proceeds to Kettering Health Foundation! These fundraisers could be hosting your own walk in support of a cause, donating a portion of your business’ sales, a bake sale, or whatever you can think of! Have questions or want to learn more? Check out the Community Fundraising Participation Agreement [PDF] or contact Matt L. Wahrhaftig at (937) 384-4839.
Share your story
The gift of your story recognizes the caregivers who made all the difference and gives hope to future patients who may go through a similar journey. Contact us to share your experience.
Volunteers are critical to the operation of Kettering Health. We are proud to partner with out volunteers to support their work thorugh funding projects that are important to them through the volunteerfund at each hospital.
We are located at the Stonebridge House at 1079 W. Stroop Rd.
Address mail to:
Kettering Health Foundation
3535 Southern Blvd.
Kettering, OH 45429
You can also contact us online.