At Kettering Health, you can expect advanced surgical options, precise care, and compassionate support. Our accreditation by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer means you receive care at the highest level. Our top priorities are your health and healing.
About Cancer Surgery
Your care team may recommend surgery as part of your cancer-treatment plan. For some cancers (especially cancers detected in early stages), surgery may be the only treatment you need. Other times, your doctor may recommend cancer-removal surgery along with other therapies (such as chemotherapy or radiation therapy).
As your care team develops a treatment plan unique to you, they consider factors such as cancer type and location as well as your overall health.
Doctors may also recommend cancer surgery to
- Ease pain or discomfort.
- Prevent cancer.
- Restore how part of your body looks or functions after cancer treatment.
Why Choose Us for Cancer Surgery?
- Advanced options: Our surgeons perform certain procedures using advanced robotics technology including the da Vinci surgical robot. This technology allows for a less invasive surgery (smaller incisions) that helps you recover faster or with fewer complications.
- Compassionate care close to home: Cancer specialists with similar areas of expertise regularly meet to discuss the details of your care. This approach ensures you receive the same high-quality services across our network. At our multidisciplinary clinics, specialists (like a surgeon and an interventional radiologist) collaborate to ensure a higher level of coordinated care.
- Easy access: Our surgical team includes surgical oncologists, breast surgeons, general surgeons, and other cancer surgeons with subspecialty training. This helps us care for more people in a timely manner.
- Expert team: You receive care from experienced surgeons who follow the most up-to-date research and understand how to treat nearly all cancer types. Specialized fellowship training, such as in gynecologic oncology and breast surgery, enables our team to perform intricate surgeries safely and successfully. Some of our surgeons have served this community for decades, leading to superior care, quality, and uncommon expertise.
- Focus on your comfort: All of our surgeons share similar values and goals. We are deeply committed to your well-being, prioritizing your needs at every turn of our cancer journey.