Gary Anderson, DO, FACS, is a highly skilled and experienced general surgeon. He is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS), which designates him as a board-certified surgeon who has been recognized as committing himself unequivocally to place the welfare of his patients above any other consideration. Fellows of the American College of Surgeons pass a thorough evaluation of both professional competence and ethical fitness.
He is board certified in General Surgery and holds an added qualification in Critical Care Medicine. Dr. Anderson has more than 30 years of experience in general surgery with excellent outcomes. He previously served in the U.S. Army in military aviation.
Scope of Service
General Surgery, including advanced laparoscopy and surgery for disorders of the gallbladder, intestine, colon, appendix, and stomach. He provides treatment for abdominal wall hernias and abdominal cancers. He applies minimally invasive techniques to minimize discomfort and shorten recovery time, which can provide better outcomes. Dr. Anderson uses the most advanced technologies available, including robotic surgery when appropriate.
- 1986: Des Moines University | College of Osteopathic Medicine
- 1988: Youngstown Osteopathic Hospital
- 1992: Kettering Health Dayton
- 1993: University of Cincinnati
- National Board of Directors
- American Osteopathic Board of Surgery
- Americas Hernia Society
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- American Society of Breast Surgeons