Kettering Health Cancer Care’s expert oncology and support specialists provide cutting-edge cancer treatment in a community setting. We deliver complete chemotherapy services at four cancer centers (Kettering Health Main Campus, Kettering Health Dayton, Kettering Health Hamilton, and Kettering Health Troy). Our whole-person approach means we’re dedicated to supporting your physical, emotional, and spiritual healing.
Why Choose Us for Chemotherapy?
- Clinical trials: Eligible patients have access to a wide range of research studies, including clinical trials exploring promising new cancer drugs. Your doctors discuss your options with an experienced research nurse coordinator. We help you determine whether an ongoing cancer clinical trial might benefit you.
- Convenience: You can access high-quality chemotherapy treatments and personalized care at four locations. Choose the center that’s most convenient for you. Each location has an on-site specialty pharmacy where you can pick up prescribed medications, such as oral chemotherapies.
- Coordinated cancer care: Each cancer center houses numerous services under one roof. You can receive much of the care you need (like chemotherapy and radiation therapy) with less back and forth. Our medical oncologists stay in regular contact with other specialists to keep you on track and ensure you receive the care you need.
- Endless support: We see it as our mission to support you during the many ups and downs of cancer care. We offer education classes to prepare you for what to expect during the treatment process. Nurse navigators and other team members take the time to get to know you and guide you to support services.
- Expert providers: Our skilled medical oncologists are board certified in both medical oncology and hematology (blood disorders). We follow NCCN Guidelines®, which are national standards that guide our team and reflect the latest science and cancer research.
Chemotherapy is a common treatment that involves a group of medications designed to destroy fast-growing (cancer) cells.
If you have cancer, your care team may recommend chemotherapy
- Before surgery to shrink a tumor and make surgery safer
- After or instead of surgery to reduce the risk that cancer will return or to treat cancer that has spread to other areas
- In combination with other medications, such as targeted therapy or immunotherapy (medicines that treat cancer in other ways)
Your care team discusses all your options with you and then creates a treatment plan customized to your situation. They consider many factors, such as cancer type and location as well as your overall health, before discussing what’s best for your needs.
Our Patient-Centric Oncology Infusion Centers
We designed all of our cancer care spaces with input from patients. At each of our outpatient oncology infusion centers, you receive cutting-edge cancer treatments with added comfort.
Our oncology infusion centers feature the following:
- Calming décor, with a soft blue color scheme and plenty of windows and natural light
- Easy access to integrative medicine services, such as massage therapists on hand to help ease any stress or discomfort you may feel during treatment.
- Electronic tablet in every room to watch a movie or learn more about a cancer diagnosis or care journey.
- Extended evening hours
- Private and semi-private infusion rooms
- Reclining chairs with heat and vibration settings