- Cancer Care
Programs & Treatments
- 3D Conformal Radiation Therapy
- Cancer Surgery
- Courageous Beauty Program
- Hormone Treatment
- Image-guided Radiation Therapy
- Integrative Medicine
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy
- Interventional Oncology
- Plastic Surgery after Cancer Treatment
- Radiation Therapy
- Rehab Medicine
- Renew Boutique and Spa
- Specialty Pharmacy
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Targeted Therapy
- Children’s Lives Include Moments of Bravery (CLIMB) Program
- Cancer Diagnosis and Evaluation
- Cancer Prevention and Screenings
- Cancer Research and Clinical Trials
- Support Services
- Colon Cancer Risk Quiz
- Lung Cancer Risk Quiz
- Skin Cancer Risk Quiz
Share the Care
Choose an option below to share this page
A cancer diagnosis can change your life in untold ways. At Kettering Health, we have your back no matter what. We offer many support services to help you overcome the obstacles that may lie ahead.
Why Choose Us for Our Cancer Support Services?
Highlights of our program include the following:
- Advocates for your health and healing: Cancer treatment can take a lot out of you, and not only physically. Your care team will advocate for your health and overall well-being. We’re more than medical experts; we’re advocates who will listen to you and your needs. And we’ll go the extra mile to connect you to support services that promote healing in body, mind, and spirit.
- Streamlined access: You can access most of our support services at all of our cancer center locations. Should you have any questions about a specific program, you can always reach out to any member of your care team. You can also call (855) 500-2873, our dedicated cancer line, and your question will be answered by an oncology-trained professional.
- Team mindset: Our cancer doctors touch base often with supportive care professionals to discuss the details of your care journey. This approach allows several experts to weigh in on the next steps in your care. It also helps us coordinate services, which may help you avoid unnecessary travel or scheduling headaches.
- Wide-ranging options: No two cancer journeys are the same. Our team includes several types of support professionals who connect you with resources to ease your journey. Through patient education classes, specialty boutiques, survivorship care, and more, we support you throughout the entire care continuum, from diagnosis to recovery.
Cancer Support Services for Patients and Caregivers
Kettering Health Cancer Care offers an array of support services at four convenient locations.
Coordinated team of support professionals
Cancer treatment often involves many moving parts. You don’t have to find your way on your own.
Our team includes oncology-trained professionals who support you in different ways:
- Certified oncology nurse navigators guide you through the next steps in your journey.
- Dietitians advise you on how to make healthy food choices or manage eating or swallowing problems caused by cancer.
- Financial navigators develop solutions for insurance issues and treatment costs.
- Social workers connect you with resources to help you solve issues like transportation to appointments or financial setbacks.
Classes and education
Oncology-trained team members, such as dietitians or nurse educators, regularly lead classes tailored to the needs of cancer patients and caregivers.
Recent and ongoing class topics include the following:
- Chemo Class introduces chemotherapy basics for people new to cancer treatment.
- Cooking basics for caregivers helps prepare families for changes as another member gets ready to start cancer treatment.
- Look Good, Feel Better teaches cancer patients how to combat appearance-related side effects of cancer treatment. It is offered jointly by the American Cancer Society; the Cosmetic, Toiletry, and Fragrance Association Foundation; and the National Cosmetology Association.
- Navigating the Breast Cancer Journey provides an overview of what to expect for women newly diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Seeing God in Your Cancer Journey offers anyone affected by a cancer diagnosis an honest, hopeful space to ask questions, receive support, and find answers to some of life’s big questions. The group is facilitated by counselors who understand the difficulties of cancer.
Cancer support groups
We lead multiple cancer support groups, each with a unique focus. Bringing together people who have shared similar experiences can offer multiple benefits.
Members who participate in cancer support groups may make meaningful connections, provide encouragement to others, or get inspired by an insightful group discussion.
Children’s Lives Include Moments of Bravery (CLIMB) is a very special cancer support program at Kettering Health, which has received international recognition.
The program was first developed by The Children’s Treehouse Foundation. Through CLIMB, we provide a safe space for children who have a parent or loved one affected by cancer to freely express themselves and learn about a sensitive topic.
Specialty shops for cancer patients
Renew Boutique and Spa is a one-stop resource that caters to the unique needs of cancer patients and survivors. It is located at Kettering Health Cancer Center at the Pavilion.
Renew’s specialized offerings include wigs, breast prosthetics, and lymphedema sleeves (worn to reduce pain or swelling in the arm or leg). Certified durable medical-equipment professional fitters are available to help you find the proper fit.
Inside the boutique, you’ll also find a spa offering massage services. At the specialty pharmacy (also inside the shop), you can conveniently fill prescriptions, including specialty chemotherapy drugs.
Palliative care focuses on relieving pain or other uncomfortable side effects caused by cancer or cancer treatment. Our team includes a board-certified medical oncologist who subspecializes in palliative care.
If you have regular or worsening pain (especially if you know cancer is the cause), speak with a palliative care provider about your options to improve your quality of life.
We partner with two outside providers (Innovative Care Solutions and Carebridge) who offer palliative care consultations by physician referral. If you think you may benefit from palliative care, reach out to your doctor for more information.
Kettering Health offers a full spectrum of specialized rehabilitation therapies, such as balance and swallowing therapies. Rehab therapies are special exercises or stretches that strengthen damaged or weak tissues (like muscles).
If cancer or treatment impacts how part of your body looks or functions, rehab therapy may help. Rehab therapies offer numerous potential benefits, such as regaining some function and easing discomfort.
Our certified lymphedema therapists work one-on-one to help cancer patients with lymphedema reduce swelling and preserve the use of the affected arm or leg.
Even after successful cancer treatment, your doctor will likely ask you to get regular testing and check-ups for some time.
Long-term follow-ups help your doctor keep a close eye on your health in case cancer comes back or you experience side effects that show up after treatment ends. Your doctor may also recommend ways to improve your wellness, like exercising regularly. Practicing healthy habits may help you stay healthy and cancer free.