Hospital Medicine is a medical specialty dedicated to the delivery of comprehensive medical care to hospitalized patients. Practitioners of hospital medicine include hospitalists, nocturnists, and advanced practice providers, who engage in clinical care or leadership in the field of general hospital medicine. In addition to their core expertise managing the clinical problems of acutely ill, hospitalized patients, hospital medicine practitioners work to enhance the performance of hospitals and healthcare systems by:
- Collaboration, communication and coordination with all physicians and healthcare personnel caring for hospitalized patients.
- Prompt and complete attention to all patient care needs including diagnosis and treatment within their scope of practice.
- Employing quality and process improvement techniques.
- Efficient use of hospital and healthcare resources.
- Delivering a service to patients that has been shown to increase patient satisfaction.
Your Hospital Medicine Team
A hospitalist and our care team work together with your primary care physician and specialists to provide you the highest level of care while you are in the hospital. During your stay you may meet one or more of our hospital medicine team as they provide you with exceptional, around the clock specialized care.