Greene Memorial Hospital opened its doors in August 1951 as a 79-bed, county-run hospital. The county handed over operations to a private non-profit in 1972.
By the time the hospital completed a new, three-story west wing expansion in 1976, it was up to 180 beds, had a new surgical suite, and was prepared for another opportunity to expand.
And expand the hospital would. In 1978 a medical education annex would be finished and later renamed after Herman Menapace, the beloved longtime hospital administrator and director of the Greene Foundation.
Greene Memorial Hospital became part of Kettering Health Network in 2010.