The Ribbon of Hope Luncheon originated in 2001 as a fundraiser for the Women’s Wellness Fund. It attracts the Dayton area’s business and community leaders to the Sinclair Conference Center to hear a nationally-known speaker to discuss breast cancer and women’s health issues.
The fund provides breast imaging services and other women’s cancer care to uninsured or underserved women in the Dayton-area at no cost to them.
It has helped more than 15,000 women and raised in excess of $2.2 million since 1995.
Past speakers at the luncheon include:
- Diahann Carroll, Gold Globe winning actress
- Susan Ford, former first daughter
- Astronaut Mae Jemison
- Stephanie Speilman, wife of OSU football star Chris Speilman
- Dr. Jerri Nielson, physician who treated herself while on duty at the South Pole
- Dr. Lillie Shockney
- Dr. Vladimir Lange
- Hoda Kotb, Today Show host
- Dr. Susan Love
- Peggy Fleming, Olympic Gold Medalist figure skater
- Cokie Roberts, ABC news commentator
- Cate Edwards, President of the Elizabeth Edwards Foundation
- Christine Clifford, breast cancer survivor and author
- Geralyn Lucas, author, journalist, and breast cancer survivor
- Samantha Harris, television hostess, actress, and breast cancer survivor
- Bill Rancic, husband of breast cancer survivor, Giuliana Rancic
- Kelly Corrigan, New York Times best-selling author and breast cancer survivor
- Lori Allen from TLC’s “Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta”
- Shannon Miller, Most decorated Olympic Gymnast in American History