Prep time: 5 MINS Cook time: 45 MINS
Total time: 50 MINS Serves: 4
- 1 cup wild rice
- 3 cups chicken broth or vegetable stock
- 1 ½ -2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, plus zest
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup parmesan
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- To a medium saucepan, add wild rice, broth, lemon juice, zest. and oregano.
- Bring to a boil on high heat, about 5 minutes.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer for 45 to 50 minutes or until the grains are al dente
- Combine panko breadcrumbs and parmesan and set aside
- Transfer cooked wild rice to an 8 x 8 lightly greased baking dish and top with the parmesan and panko breadcrumb mixture
- Place under the oven broiler 2-3 minutes to get a nice browned crust
- Remove from the oven, garnish with parsley, and enjoy
- If the rice is still too firm, add an additional ½ cup of broth and cook covered for 10-15 more minutes.
The month's most popular health news, stories, and tips in your inbox.Sign Up