Prep time: 20 MINS Cook time: 25 MINS Total time: 45 MINS Serves: 4-6
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, diced into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup citrus maple vinaigrette (see below)
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, shredded (or substitute arugula)
- 1 Granny Smith or Gala apple, diced
- ¼ cup walnuts or pepitas
- ¼ cup crumbled feta or goat cheese (optional)
Citrus maple vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss sweet potatoes with oil and salt. Spread evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Set aside to completely cool.
- In a bowl or mason jar, combine all vinaigrette ingredients together. Whisk or shake (in jar) well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, apples, and walnuts. Pour about 1/3 cup of dressing over salad and gently toss. Top with crumbled feta or goat cheese and serve immediately.
The month's most popular health news, stories, and tips in your inbox.Sign Up