Heart and Vascular Care
Want to learn more about this at Kettering Health?
The annual Best Hospitals rankings and Procedures & Conditions ratings are designed to help patients and their doctors make informed decisions about where to receive care for challenging health conditions or for common elective procedures.
“We’re dedicated to helping each patient enjoy their best health,” said Brenda Kuhn, chief clinical officer at Kettering Health. “And this recognition confirms our employees’ success to fulfill that promise to our patients by elevating standards of care and achieving patient-focused outcomes.”
Kettering Health Main Campus earned High Performing ratings for the following procedures and conditions:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm repair
- Colon cancer surgery
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
- Hip fracture
- Hip replacement
- Kidney failure
- Knee replacement
- Lung cancer surgery
Four other Kettering Health medical centers were also named as High Performing for the following conditions or procedures:
- Back surgery (spinal fusion) – Soin Medical Center
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) – Kettering Health Miamisburg
- Hip fracture – Soin Medical Center
- Hip replacement – Kettering Health Miamisburg
- Kidney failure – Kettering Health Dayton, Kettering Health Washington Township, Kettering Health Hamilton, Kettering Health Miamisburg
- Knee replacement – Kettering Health Dayton, Kettering Health Washington Township, Kettering Health Miamisburg
“The hospitals named among the best have extensive medical expertise and a history of delivering good outcomes,” said Ben Harder, chief of health analysis and managing editor at U.S. News. “When patients and their medical professionals are considering their options for care, the rankings are designed to help them identify hospitals that are superior in the kind of care they may need.”
For the 2022-2023 rankings and ratings, U.S. News evaluated more than 4,500 hospitals across 15 specialties and 20 procedures and conditions. In the 15 specialties, 164 hospitals were ranked in at least one specialty. State and metro area rankings reflect the highest performing hospitals in the area across multiple areas of care.
The month's most popular health news, stories, and tips in your inbox.Sign Up