Kettering Health Foundation reached a philanthropic milestone earlier this month when they surpassed $100 million in gifts received and funds dispersed.
Founded in 1974, the Kettering Health Foundation is the supporting arm of Kettering Health Main Campus, raising money to support programs and activities that improve the health of people in the region.
“Throughout the last 48 years, Kettering Health Foundation strategically invested in programs designed to drive innovation and keep Kettering Health on the forefront of modern medicine,” said Rick Thie, Kettering Health Foundation president. “Our community can access the high-quality care they deserve when we focus time and resources on facility improvement, equipment and technology, employee and patient assistance, and support of Kettering College,” he added.
A few notable Foundation projects include:
- Facility improvements to Schuster Heart Hospital and the Pavillion at Kettering Health Main Campus
- Investment in a new cyclotron in 2019 and the new research grade PET Scan in 2021 to enhance diagnosis and treatment of cancer
- Scholarships to nursing school
- Financial Assistance for patients
- Financial support for employees with need
The month's most popular health news, stories, and tips in your inbox.Sign Up