Dr. Safwat Zaki specializes in urology with an interest in prostate cancer, urologic malignancies, female urology and incontinence, BPH, erectile dysfunction and stone disease.
He earned a Master's degree and his medical degree with honors from Ain Shams University, School of Medicine in Egypt. He also earned a PhD in urology from Cairo University. He completed residencies at the University of Cincinnati and the University of South Florida; and he completed fellowships at Cleveland Clinic Foundation, John Hopkins University School of Medicine and Henri Mondor Hospital in France. Dr. Zaki introduced laparoscopic prostatectomy in the tri-state area in 2002. He is the director of robotic and minimally invasive urologic surgeries in Kettering Health Network. He is also assistant professor of surgery/urology at the University of Cincinnati. He is a National Proctor for Intuitive Surgical, training other urologists on robotic surgeries. He is Board Certified in Urology since 2008, a diplomate of the American Board of Urology and a fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
- 1980: Ain Shams University Medical School
- 1994: University of South Florida College of Medicine
- 1991: Egypt Cairo Univ Hospital
- 1997: University of Cincinnati
- 1993: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- 1985: Ain Shams University Medical School
- 2001: France Institut Henri Mauder