Minia Hellan, MD, FACS is a highly skilled, fellowship-trained surgical oncologist serving Kettering and the surrounding communities. Dr. Hellan has more than 14 years of experience providing the very best care to her patients.
Dr. Hellan completed her medical degree at the University of Vienna in Vienna, Austria. After medical school, Dr. Hellan completed a residency in family medicine at the University Hospital of Vienna. She then transitioned into a general surgery residency at Metropolitan Group Hospitals in Chicago, Illinois, and a fellowship in surgical oncology at City Hope Medical Center in Duarte, California. She also has additional training in minimally invasive surgery and liver ablation as well as laparoscopic and robotic surgical techniques.
Dr. Hellan has a special interest in gastrointestinal oncology including esophageal, stomach, and pancreatic cancers, as well as a passion for the treatment of colorectal cancer. Dr. Hellan is a well-known and respected researcher in surgical oncology. She has written dozens of articles, book chapters, and research papers on various topics in cancer treatment. Dr. Hellan's commitment to her patients mirrors Kettering Health's mission to improve the lives of the people in the communities we serve.
Scope of Service
Is this your Profile?
Please review to ensure this information is accurate. If you would like to request an edit, please do so here.Edit Profile
- 1995: University of Vienna Medical School
- 2008: City of Hope National Medical Center
- 2006: Illinois Masonic Medical Center
- Board certified: American Board of Surgery
- ECFMG Certificate
- Member: American College of Surgeons:
- Member: Society for American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons:
- Member: Society of Surgical Oncology:
- Member: Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons:
- Member: Society of Robotic Surgery:
- Member: American Society of Clinical Oncology:
- Member: Clinical Robotic Surgery Association:
- Member: American College of Surgeons - Ohio Chapter: