Minia Hellan, MD, FACS is a highly skilled, fellowship trained surgical oncologist serving Kettering and the surrounding community.
Dr. Hellan has more than 22 years of experience of providing the very best care to her patients. Dr. Hellan completed her medical degree to the University of Vienna in Vienna, Austria. After medical school Dr. Hellan completed a residency in family medicine and obstetrics/gynecology at the University Hospital of Vienna. She then transitioned into a general surgery residency at Metropolitan Group Hospitals in Chicago, IL, and a fellowship in Surgical Oncology at City Hope Medical Center in Duarte, CA. She also has additional training in in nanoknife ablation, laparoscopic surgery, and robotic surgical techniques. Dr. Hellan is a well-known and respected researcher in surgical oncology. She has written dozens of articles, book chapters, and research papers on various topics in cancer treatment. Dr. Hellan's commitment to her patients mirrors the network's mission to improve the lives of the people in the communities we serve.
Scope of Service
Is this your Profile?
Please review to ensure this information is accurate. If you would like to request an edit, please do so here.Edit Profile
- 1995: University of Vienna Medical School
- 2008: City of Hope National Medical Center
- 2006: Illinois Masonic Medical Center
- Board certified: American Board of Surgery
- ECFMG Certificate
- Member: American College of Surgeons:
- Member: Society for American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons:
- Member: Society of Surgical Oncology:
- Member: Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons:
- Member: Society of Robotic Surgery:
- Member: American Society of Clinical Oncology:
- Member: Clinical Robotic Surgery Association:
- Member: American College of Surgeons - Ohio Chapter: