Elizabeth Murphy, APRN-CNP, is an experienced nurse practitioner serving Kettering and the surrounding community.
Prior to joining Kettering Health Cancer Care, Elizabeth worked in surgical oncology for seven years. With a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing and a Master of Science in nursing from Indiana Wesleyan University, Elizabeth brings the experience and expertise of cancer treatment to the Kettering Health Cancer Care team. Elizabeth is an oncology-certified nurse and is educated in chemotherapy techniques.
Elizabeth's commitment to quality patient care mirrors Kettering Health's mission to improve the lives of people in our communities.
Scope of Service
What is a Certified Nurse Practitioner?
A certified nurse practitioner (CNP) is an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse. They hold a master's or doctoral degree and have advanced clinical training. They collaborate with physicians to diagnose and treat patients. Like physicians, they can make referrals, provide physical exams, order and interpret tests, and prescribe medications.
- 2017: Indiana Wesleyan University
- Registered Nurse: State of Ohio Board of Nursing
- Certified Nurse Practitioner: American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Basic Life Support/Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Oncology Certified Nurse: Oncology Nursing Society
- Certified Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse
- Chemotherapy Competent: Oncology Nursing Society
I am dedicated to treating every patient as I would my own family. The patient is always at the center of the care that we provide.
Elizabeth M. Murphy, APRN-CNP