To ensure your meeting promotes good health to all participants, review the following:
- Have you included enough variety in healthy food choices throughout each meeting?
- Are fresh fruits and vegetables included with each meal and snack?
- Will meals include whole-grain breads, cereals, rice, and pasta?
- Are there other choices for people who don’t eat meat?
- Did you ask that food be prepared with low-fat ingredients and by low-calorie methods?
- Will food options be provided that are lower in calories, fat, and sugar?
- Have you asked that sauces, dressings, and condiments be served on the side?
- Have you asked for smaller portion sizes of foods like bagels, muffins, cookies, etc.?
- Did you ask about any special dietary needs participants may have?
- Have you built some form of physical activity into the meeting?
Source: American Cancer Society
The month's most popular health news, stories, and tips in your inbox.Sign Up