A healthy breakfast has never been tastier with this breakfast frittata.
Yield: 8 portions
2 egg whites
6 large eggs
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup 2% milk
½ cup sliced red pepper
½ cup sliced green pepper
½ cup sliced white or yellow onion
½ cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup baby spinach leaves
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Combine egg whites, eggs, salt, pepper, and 2% milk. Set aside.
- Heat a 9-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté fresh vegetables in the cast iron skillet.
- Sprinkle ½ cup crumbled Feta cheese on top of vegetables.
- Slowly pour the egg mixture onto the cheese and sautéed vegetables.
- Cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes until the eggs are set.
- Remove from heat and cut into 8 equal portions.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Total fat: 7.4 g
Carbohydrates: 5.4 g
Dietary fiber: 0.9 g
Sodium: 164 mg
Sugar: 3.5 g
Protein: 7.9 g
Calcium: 93.4 mg
Potassium: 244.4 mg
Recipe adapted from CookingLight