Did you know bananas help boost our moods, promote good sleep, improve digestion, and even strengthen bones through better calcium absorption? Dark chocolate contains high levels of antioxidants, and coconut provides a natural source of quick energy.
Bring the kids into the kitchen with you for this fun snack creation. Spending time together in the kitchen can help you bond, create memories, and teach children important skills.
Semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- Slice bananas and arrange on a cookie sheet lined with wax or parchment paper. Put a toothpick in each banana chunk and freeze for 1-2 hours. Chocolate will adhere more easily when bananas are frozen.
- Melt chocolate chips in small bowl.
- Measure coconut into small bowl.
- Dip frozen banana slices in chocolate, then in coconut. Repeat and replace on tray.
- Freeze again until chocolate has hardened.
- Store in freezer for a quick after-school snack children can get themselves.
The month's most popular health news, stories, and tips in your inbox.Sign Up