Brain and Spine Care
Want to learn more about this at Kettering Health?
Seven of Kettering Health Network’s hospitals have been recognized for their high-quality stroke care by earning the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold and Silver Plus Quality Achievement Awards.
- Kettering Medical Center – Gold Plus
- Sycamore Medical Center – Gold Plus
- Grandview Medical Center – Silver Plus
- Southview Medical Center – Silver Plus
- Soin Medical Center – Silver Plus
- Fort Hamilton Hospital – Silver Plus
- Greene Memorial Hospital – Silver Plus
Troy Hospital opened in June 2019, and thus does not currently have enough data available to qualify.
The award recognizes the network’s commitment to ensuring stroke patients receive the most appropriate treatment according to nationally recognized, research-based guidelines based on the latest scientific evidence.
According to the American Heart Association, stroke is the No. 5 cause of death and a leading cause of adult disability in the United States. On average, someone in the U.S. suffers a stroke every 40 seconds, and nearly 795,000 people suffer a new or recurrent stroke each year.
“Earning these awards confirms our commitment to providing the best stroke care to our patients,” said Megan Smith, neurosciences manager of Kettering Health Network. “When you’re having a stroke, getting care immediately is crucial. Our staff is focused on continuously advancing stroke care, so patients have immediate access to quality, high-level care when needed.”
Each hospital earned the award by meeting specific quality measures for the diagnosis and treatment of stroke patients. These measures include:
- Improving stroke care by having consistent adherence to the latest scientific treatment guidelines
- Treating patients with 85% or higher compliance to the American Heart Association’s standards of care for one calendar year
- Demonstrating at least seven of out of 10 stroke quality measures, including reviewing and implementing proper stoke medications, educating patients about managing their health post-stroke and helping patients schedule follow-up visits
The month's most popular health news, stories, and tips in your inbox.Sign Up