Golden brown, crisp brussels sprouts, and carrots tossed in balsamic vinegar and maple syrup. Simply amazing!
Yield: 6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, halved
6 carrots, cut diagonally in 1 1/2-inch-think slices
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/4 cup dried cranberries
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup, garlic and thyme; set aside.
3. Place Brussels sprouts and carrots in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Stir in balsamic vinegar mixture; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Place into oven and bake until browned and tender, about 20-25 minutes.
5. Serve immediately with cranberries, garnished with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Carbohydrates: 23.7 g
Total Fat: 2.9 g
Dietary Fiber: 6.5 g
Sodium: 73.1 mg
Source: Chungah Rhee