Influenza ("flu") is a contagious disease, and the Center for Disease Control says October is the best time to protect yourself by getting a flu shot. This also allows our physicians, nurses, critical care teams, and emergency medical service (EMS) responders to conduct an emergency preparedness exercise.
From Sunday, October 22 to Friday, October 27
, we will offer free flu shots for adults age 18 and over
on a first come, first serve basis. Quantities are limited.
Who is eligible for the free flu shots?
- Adults age 18 and older (bring valid ID).
* For quick service - please wear short or easy to roll up sleeves.
Who is NOT eligible for the free flu shots?
- Children are not eligible for this program. Children require a different dosage of the flu vaccine, which we do not have at our drive-thru locations.
- Kettering Health Network employees. Network employees receive free flu shots annually through Employee Health.
- People who have a severe allergy to the flu vaccine. Find out if this applies to you by visiting the Centers for Disease Control website for more flu facts.
When and where can I get a FREE flu shot?
As we conduct this emergency preparedness exercise, we hope you will be prepared to protect yourself, your family and your community.